Imagine working in an industry that benefits the community by producing lasting results. Imagine years later, admiring a well done project and knowing you helped build it. And imagine being a valuable team member, working with industry professionals and learning skills for real advancement. The Civil Construction industry offers excellent career paths. Whether your talent is working with your head or your hands, opportunity presents itself for creative, skilled and competitive individuals, just like you.
We’re looking for dedicated, hard-working and effective people. Career opportunities come available periodically in heavy equipment operation, heavy equipment repair, pipe-laying, job site management, project management, estimation and administration. At Jakes, you would be joining a team of people building an excellent company and a prosperous future.
Please feel free to submit your resume anytime and to check back periodically for available job opportunities listed below.
Full time Labourers needed!
The successful candidates have 1+ year of construction experience, hunger to learn, and strong team working skills.
Preference given to those with civil / heavy construction knowledge.
Wage: $20 – $22 per hour
Seeking experienced Pipelayers for the upcoming construction season for various highway and site-servicing projects located between Langley and Chilliwack.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience installing underground storm, sanitary, and water services
- Calculate and shoot grades
- Assess and control hazards
- Communicate effectively with crew and equipment operators
A strong work ethic and team-working skills are essential qualities.
Wage, dependent on experience: $23 – $26 per hour (Jr.), $27 – $31 (Sr.) per hour
3rd or 4th Year Apprentice HD Mechanic
Looking for a 3rd or 4th year apprentice H.D. Mechanic!
The successful candidate will require:
- hydraulic knowledge and experience
- electrical diagnostics and repair: T/S and read schematics
- the ability to utilize compute programs to diagnose equipment fault codes
- engine diagnostics and repair on CAT, Cummins, Detroit engines an asset
- welding experience an asset
- shop truck / field work experience an asset
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, energetic and works well in a team atmosphere.