Imagine working in an industry that benefits the community by producing lasting results. Imagine years later, admiring a well done project and knowing you helped build it. And imagine being a valuable team member, working with industry professionals and learning skills for real advancement. The Civil Construction industry offers excellent career paths. Whether your talent is working with your head or your hands, opportunity presents itself for creative, skilled and competitive individuals, just like you.
We’re looking for dedicated, hard-working and effective people. Career opportunities come available periodically in heavy equipment operation, heavy equipment repair, pipe-laying, job site management, project management, estimation and administration. At Jakes, you would be joining a team of people building an excellent company and a prosperous future.
Please feel free to submit your resume anytime and to check back periodically for available job opportunities listed below.
Full time Labourers needed!
The successful candidates have 1+ year of construction experience, hunger to learn, and strong team working skills.
Preference given to those with civil / heavy construction knowledge.
Wage: $20 – $22 per hour
Seeking experienced Pipelayers for various highway and site-servicing projects located between Langley and Chilliwack.
Successful applicants will be required to:
Have a minimum of 1 year experience installing underground storm, sanitary, and water services
Calculate and shoot grades
Assess and control hazards
Communicate effectively with crew and equipment operators
A strong work ethic and team-working skills are essential qualities.
Wage: $23 – 26 (Jr), $27 – 31$ (Sr) / hour
Klaassen Equipment, a sister company to Jakes Construction, seeks a full time journeyman CT Mechanic in Chilliwack, BC.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Read manuals and schematics
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic malfunctions
- Use a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment
- Use mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists
- Have skill in the use of gas and electric welding equipment
- Communicate with other mechanics about repair work needed
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, energetic, and works well in a team atmosphere.
Experience as an HD Mechanic is also a strong asset.
Purchaser wanted! This position will be responsible for the purchasing and rental of parts, tools, and materials for the Klaassen Group of Companies.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience with purchasing and vendor management
- Proficiency in analyzing, tracking, and controlling inventory
- A strong knowledge of heavy equipment and transport vehicle parts and components
- Good writing and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Sage 300 software
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a purchasing and inventory control role. A strong work ethic and team-working skills are essential qualities.