Vedder River Erosion Protection and Trail upgrade
- The project is located between Peach and Tyson Roads, near the old location of CFB Chilliwack
- The project owner is the Canada Lands Company, who executed the project as part of their River’s Edge residential development.
- The pathway is a popular recreation retreat and an regional contribution to the Trans-Canada Trail
- Project work included: land clearing, excavation, rip-rap river-bank protection, landscaping and trail re-surfacing
- Environmental sensitivity related to the in-stream portion of the project was also an important consideration